I've always believed that knowledge is gained in two ways: 1.) learning from experience and 2.) learning from the experience of others. Therein comes "Blog Blazers: 40 Top Bloggers Share Their Secrets to Creating A High-Profile, High-Traffic, and High-Profit Blog!"
I haven't read this book yet, in fact I've barely cracked it open. But I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy reading it! It includes interviews from folks whose blogs I already read... People like:
- David Armano: Logic + Emotion
- Derek Semmler: DerekSemmler.com
- J.D. Roth: Get Rick Slowly
- Neil Patel: Quick Sprout
- Pamela Slim: Escape from Cubicle Nation
- Penelope Trunk (one of my favorites): Brazen Careerist
- Rohit Bhargava: Influential Marketing Blog
- Seth Godin
- Trent Hamm: The Simple Dollar
- Yaro Starak: Entrepreneur's Journey
Out of the 40 top bloggers listed in the book, I've been reading the above referenced 10 for quite some time now (Penelope's and Seth Godin's are the only two that I subscribe to and read via email). I even interviewed Neil Patel last week to talk about what it takes to be successful in business both on-line and off-line. See, the simple fact is, I love learning (reading and learning from others satisfies the geek in me). I'll continue to host interviews via my podcast to learn from folks. In the process I hope that you'll learn something new too!
For now, I'm gonna get back to reading "Blog Blazers." First up is Aaron Wall, author of SeoBook.com...